The babies are thriving and I think Sam will be walking any day now. We celebrated their first birthday on June 15th. We had them a party at home and it was a big success! We had lots of guests. Now we are almost 14 months old. I wonder where the time has gone! They are growing up too fast for my liking!
Jackson started first grade yesterday at Ingomar Attendance Center. He went to New Albany last year, and I struggled with the decision to change his school. All in all, I think it will be good change. It's a much smaller school and I think he will get more attention there. It also took him away from Rodney and Kerrion, his two "partners in crime" from last year. That is the best part about the switch! He hurt my feelings yesterday. He didn't want me to walk him in the school, put I insisted. When we entered his classroom, I helped him find his desk and he sat down. I went to leave, and tried to kiss him on the cheek. He said, "NO, MOM, don't DO that!" He put his head in his hands and shook his head. So, I retreated, and left, forever wounded. Just kidding! But, I didn't realize that the resistance to public affection started so early! I learn something new every day!
The other four started mother's day out yesterday. This will be Aidan and Natalie's last year before kindergarten, and this way Sam and Emma's first year. They were all excited to be there, and I certainly enjoyed my day off! My friend Kerri and her son Mason came and spent the day with me. I had a great day, but I did miss my babies! It's nice to have a break every once in a while.
I'm having trouble with the picture uploader, but I will post some photos of the beach trip and the birthday party.
Hope you all have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment